Tuesday, November 22, 2011

 
hey I'm in England now

dear home people,
well i'm in england now. i did have fun for my brief sojourn in the provo mtc. but about three hours or so after i got dropped off at the provo mtc they called me down to missionary travel to tell me that my visa had come through so i would be leaving the following day. my companion in provo's name was elder ashcroft and me and him became good friends for the short time that i got to know him. my district became my family so fast that it was scary. i spent less than twenty four hours with them but by the time i left i almost didn't want to go. i loved them so much and i miss them over here but i know that i am where i am supposed to be.
quick experiance. elder ashcroft was having a hard time the day i got to provo, he was realy missing his family and was having trouble adapting to mission life because of it. he told me that he had always had trouble learning from scripture and that he could never remember scripture or the referances but that he had a strong testimony based on his personal experiances. so he asked me and our two room mates to gives him a blessing before we had quiet time. our seniour companion (the senior companion was the senior for the four of us because my roomates were technically in a threesome due to the fact that i was leaving) was the voice and he said two things that stood out to me in the blessing. at one point in the blessing he made the statement that god loved elder ashcroft and at another time he promised elder ashcroft strength as he prepared to serve in the field. then it was quiet time so we all read our scriptures prayed and then went to bed. the next day before i left elder ashcroft told us of the experiance he had the night before. as i mentioned before he never has been good with the scripture and therefore doesn't have experiance with finding answers in the scriptures. but after the blessing he said a prayer for comfort and then he opened his scriptures and the first verse he saw was d&c 100 verse one. which says in the second line fear not because your family is protected.
i don't actually have much time to write today but i can tell you more on my p-day on tuesday.


um this here is my writing adress and don't worry about a box number cuz i don't have one
missionary training centre
england london south mission
temple way
hartwood green
chorley
lancashire
pr6 7eq


i love you guys and i can't wait to hear from you guys
sincerely
elder jarman
Labels:
10:31:00 AMby Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment